2KG FRESH MUSSELS (WE GOT OURS FROM THE PORT ARLINGTON DOCKS)
600ML THICKENED CREAM
1 BOTTLE OF WHITE WINE
2 CUPS SLICED FRESH CHIVES
4 GARLIC CLOVES (DICED)
SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
1. De-beard and wash mussels.
2. Place mussels in large pot on medium heat and pour over white wine.
3. In seperate saucepan simmer butter, garlic and chives.
4. Once butter has melted add cream, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour creamy sauce over mussels and cover.
6. Cook until mussels are fully open.
7. Serve in large bowl ensuring you get plenty of sauce.
8. Garnish with rosemary or parsley.
9. Cut crusty bread and place in bowl at centre of table.
Enjoy with good wine and friends.